It happened again several days ago. My home became a kingdom of banana, LOL. Finally, there were 3 ripe bananas remain in my fruit basket. I tried to not throw them out into the rubbish bin. Then i got idea why not use them to make banana cake. My friend ever told me that those blackish-brown banana are the best ingredient to make super yummy banana cake.
Then I made this cake (the original recipe said that it was not cake, it is bread. Forgive me that i prefer to say that this is a cake).
I got the original recipe from Mbak Hesti, adapted from Savory Sweet Life The cake is so rich and moist, i can't imagine i used only 1 egg and the texture of the cake very moist. I made some adjustment to the ingredient, i didn't use sour cream because I didn't have it at home so I substituted it with fresh milk. Maybe the taste would be better if i use sour cream or maybe buttermilk. If you ate this cake when it was still warm you will get the melting sensation of the chocolate chip inside the cake.
Just enjoy it...
Chocolate Banana Cake
- 100 g salted butter, softened to room temperature (if you use unsalted butter like me, you must add 1/4 tsp of salt)
- 120 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 large ripened bananas mashed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 150 g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of sour cream (can be substituted with yogurt, buttermilk or fresh milk)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celcius.
- Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan or any size of baking pan that you have at home with butter and sprinkle a little amount of flour.
- In a bowl, mixture butter and sugar together. Add egg, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla, mix it well.
- Add baking soda, cocoa powder, and flour. Mix well. Then add chocolate chips, stir briefly.
- Pour batter to the pan and bake it for 50-60 minutes. Remember not to over baked it. You can insert a tooth pick to check if it has been enough, but because the chocolate chip melt you will see the batter still stick to the tooth pick.
- Remove from heat and let the cake still in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Take away the cake from the pan and let it cool in the cooling rack.
- Ready to be served.